Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vacation -Day 12 -Rhinelander, WI

The cabins that we were staying in had a pontoon that you could rent for the day. So we did.
Kyle and Tallin
Rebekah driving the boat with Clay. Caleb enjoying the sun.
Clay's mom, Deanna joined us the night before. This is a great shot of her and Emma. 
Then you see Ethan in the background. I cracked up when I saw that. So perfect!
I continued my search for loons while on the pontoon. We lucked out finding a small family of loons. I'm a little fascinated by loons. When I was in high school I worked in a store called Northern_Reflections. It's a Canadian clothing company (they no longer have stores in the US). Their logo was a loon. We had all kinds of loon decorations in the store. While I was at work they played music that was similar to Yanni mixed with loon calls. Being in southern California I had no idea what a loon was. But lots of people who shopped there did. So it's kind of exciting for this California beach girl to see loons in real life.
Clay and the kids jumped off the boat into the lake.

Clay took the kids on a fishing trip with the kids. Emma caught 4 fish and released them. Rebekah caught her very first fish. It swallowed the hook so we couldn't but it back. Look how proud she is.
That evening Nana took us out for a "couples' cruise" while Grandma put the kids to bed. I didn't get a picture of it, but we were surprised by three bright stars in a triangle just over the horizon. It looked liked a mystic portal waiting to suck us to another world or dimension. We later found out its was Mars_Saturn_and_Spica. I like my version better. Either way, we enjoyed a peaceful sunset on the lake.

No comments: