Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hollywood Studios

Another day, another park. Rebekah bought this cute princess mouse ears hat as we left the Magic Kingdom yesterday. She wore it all day today! It was very useful for spotting her in a crowd. One of the kids' favorite rides was Tower of Terror. I didn't even go on it. Melinda wondered why we were sending our 5 year-olds on it, but they loved it! Me, not so much.
This is my all-time-favorite-roller-coaster-ever! Aerosmith's Rock'n'Roller coaster. I love the black light, the music, and the LA freeways. We convinced Emma (and Melinda!!) to go on with us. I think we went 4 or 5 times. So much fun!
Another fun ride was the new Star Tours! Again, we went on it about 4 or 5 times. You know, we had to see all the different destinations and scenarios. Here's Clay and Rebekah on a speederbike from Endor.
Probably the most favorite ride (my majority of our group) was Toy Story Mania. The ride operator told me that it is by far the most popular ride out of all 4 parks, and the longest wait time. As the official FFP, I ran all the way over there to get fast passes as soon as we entered the park (a few minutes before official opening time) and got a return time of 1:30! First ride of our day and it was a 20 minute wait for the stand-by line. We got in line! And when we got off, we got in line again! I never got another fast pass for Toy Story Mania because they were all gone before noon! All the other lines in the park were 5-10 minutes, but this one got up to 70 minutes when we returned with our fast passes. Here's Emma with one of the army guys.

Hollywood Studios has a really great Pixar parade! It was lively and energetic. You just wanted to get out and dance with the characters. Seeing Mr. Fredricksen from Up reminds me of my other favorite curmudgeon, Andy Rooney. I miss seeing him on 60 minutes.

The kids also liked playing on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Here's a short video of Rebekah on one of the slides.

No comments: