Thursday, June 30, 2011

uninvited house guests


I hate lice. Not really sure why they are here except to torment us. Emma has brought them home from school before. We bought the medicated shampoo and they both cried that it was burning their head. This was before the halfway mark for the time they had to have it sit on their heads.

This time I searched the Internet for some other options. I remembered that my pediatrician had suggested using Mayo. I came across this_website and really liked her directions. I used the Mayo on Emma and myself, and used olive oil on Rebekah (since she is allergic to eggs). And a good thing too because I had mayo running in my eyes all night long. A friend of mine suggested using old swim caps instead of shower caps. That was an excellent idea, they worked much better.

Of course, the next day was spent nitpicking -givse new meaning to the word. Hours spent outside combing through their hair, one tiny section at a time. That was a tough job. I am eternally grateful to my dear friend, Melinda, for taking 4 hours out of her day to comb through my hair with a "fine-toothed comb". All the while I did around 14 loads of laundry and vacuumed the house twice (sofas three times)!!

No comments: