Saturday, July 2, 2011

Good Times

This is our third summer in our house, and the third time we have had a Fourth of July Barbecue. And it keeps getting bigger. We had TONS of people this year. So much fun!

I decided that I really like hosting this.
1. I don't have to clean my house (though I do) because the party is outside.
2. I don't have to cook -Clay does all the grilling and the rest if potluck.
3. I don't have to make the food -Clay makes all the hamburger patties the night before.
4. I don't have to clean-up my house after the party -it's all outside.
5. I actually get to sit down and chat with my friends :)
We have a great yard for this kind of party. The kids all go down on the grass and play with the water sprinklers while the adults sit on the deck (away from the water) and chat and eat.
Our neighbors brought over a shaved ice maker and a fire pit to add to the festivities.

After all the food was eaten, we broke out the sparklers for the kids. Then everyone brought their chairs around to watch some fireworks in the street. Everyone who came seemed to have a stash a fireworks to share. Another great plus about our location is that we are at the end of the street. No traffic to worry about.
It was a great time with friends and neighbors.

No comments: