Friday, July 18, 2014

Cooperstown, NY

We spent the night in Palmyra. In the morning we drove to Cooperstown. On our way we stopped at a small cemetery and found some of our Murray ancestors.

These are Clay's 4th Great-grandparents buried in Unadilla Forks Cemetery.
Then off to the Baseball Hall of Fame!
First off, I just have to say that we ate lunch here. Probably the best pizza I've had!
The girls were very excited to see all the displays for the Cardinals. Clay has raised them to be Cardinal fans. I enjoyed seeing the display for the women's team (remember A League of Their Own). The girls were excited to see Albert Pujols' jersey.
 They all got new baseball hats. I how ever could not bring myself to get a Cardinals hat. I am not a big baseball fan. I am happy to spend time with my family while they watch a baseball game. I am happy to cheer on the Cardinals. However, when it comes time to "root for the home team" it's the L.A. Dodgers for me. 
 Here is the actual Hall of Fame with cool plaques on the walls for each year.
They had these cute Lego sets in the gift shop. 

The rest of the town was very picturesque. We enjoyed walking around the town and along the southern end of Otsego Lake. 

No comments: