Saturday, March 6, 2010

NYC Weekend

My dear friend Melinda invited me to join her mother and sister for a girls weekend in NYC. Our mission was to see Broadway shows and eat good food.

We started by taking the PATH train to Hoboken for Carlo's Bake Shop (home of Cake Boss on the Food Network). It was packed!! Not only was it Saturday, but we found out that there was a HUGE St. Patrick's parade in Hoboken starting in just a couple hours. We got to see Buddy's mom and sister Mary in the shop. We bought crumb cake, lobster tail pastry, and cannoli. Let me just say that the cannoli was AMAZING. If we ever go back, I am buying a whole case of cannoli for myself. :)



We grabbed a quick lunch at 'wich craft and got back just in time to meet Melinda's mom and sister in Time Square. We spent a lot of time here standing in line for shows at the tkts booth.


We went to dinner at Brazil Grill. I shared feijoada with Katherine, Melinda's mom. It was good until we found strange bone pieces, then a foot, and finally an ear.

That evening we saw The_Miracle_Worker. The girl who played Helen Keller also stared in the lead of Kit Kittredge: An American Girl movie. Emma was very excited to hear about that.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Okay I'm catching up on your blog backwards! I see that you do watch Cake Boss! I'm glad to hear that the cannoli's lived up to the hype!