Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cake Show

This weekend I went with my fellow cake friends, Melinda and Nancy, to the National Area Cake Show. It is so much fun to see what people in the business are doing and what the latest and greatest is in tools. They have competition cakes you can enter (think county or state fair) and then the live competition with famous cake decorators (think Ultimate Cake off).

Here are a couple of cute cakes:

Here are some hand-painted cakes my sister, Holly, would be awesome at:

Alice in Wonderland showed up in a lot of cakes this year, here were a couple good ones:

Here is a Twilight cake and a James Christensen painting:

The string work on these two wedding cakes was amazing:

For all my scrapbook friends, the latest and greatest technique was using a Cricut to decorate cakes:

The theme for this year's Live Cake Competition was the Circus. And the winner was Anne_Heap with this adorable Giraffe cake, it's a mouse circus. Check out the kitty tamer! So cute.

Alice made another appearance at the circus. This cake was by Courtney Cox who won last year:

Here is your traditional circus, very colorful and fun:

These guys went for the scary side of the circus, the kind I used to have nightmares about when I was a kid:

1 comment:

Tara said...

SOOO amazing! Do you watch Cake Boss? I like Ultimate Cake Off but I really like Cake Boss!