Sunday, March 7, 2010

NYC 2


We started our day by going to church at the Singles Ward. It happened to be the only congregation that met at 9 am. Very odd, but it was a nice service. Then we went to brunch brunch at The Eatery. Very yummy and very popular. We also stopped at Magnolia Bakery to taste their cupcakes. For how popular the place was, they were not very good. Oh well.



Here are Melinda and I back in Time Square. We dropped off her mom to stand in line for an evening show. We had a matinee to catch...


Wicked. This was the whole reason for me to go to NYC. I have heard so much about the musical and the book. I've been told not to read the book and the musical is not really anything like the book. Let me just say that it was so much better than I expected!! What a fantastic show, I can't wait to see it again!

We got out of Wicked just in time for a quick meal at Carnegie Deli. Their claim to fame seems to be how incredibly HUGE their sandwiches are. I order the BLT, which was great, but I pulled out more than half the bacon so I could get my mouth around it. Oh, and their kosher dills were pretty good. We ate as fast as we could and then ran to our next show.

Mamma_Mia was so much fun! Way better than the movie. I loved that the actors were cracking themselves up, which maybe isn't the best acting, but they were "having the time of their lives". And how you get a bunch of young men to dance around in wetsuits and flippers -I'll never know, but it sure was funny.

1 comment:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

The stage production of Mama Mia is so wonderful that I had a hard time liking the film. I saw it the first time while I was pregnant with Ben, and Ben "danced" the entire show. I don't know what was more entertaining for Mike- watching the show, or feeling my belly! I took Holly to see it when it was at the Pantages about five years ago. It was a total dance-fest in the aisles! And you KNOW that I loved Wicked... all that GREEN! I haven't read the book yet either, but really enjoyed the show. Mike saw it on Broadway right after it opened (I was green with envy) and it only took him a few years to finally take me! I love how you document the food you're eating... NYC has some of the best (and most $$$) food in the world!