Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Clay!


Lest you think I am a bad wife, serving only ice cream for his birthday, this is what really happened ...
Clay took off Thursday, Friday, today and tomorrow from work. Thursday he spent the entire time at the Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum. All day reading all the signs and seeing the IMAX show without anyone telling him to hurry, or kids saying they are bored. Pure bliss for this Aerospace junkie.
Friday Clay invited his buddies over for a game night. I made spicy corn dip, apple dip, and tangy bacon roll-ups for their eating pleasure. I also provided m&ms, peanut butter m&ms and root beer.
Today, we played games, he got some quiet time reading a book, and I made 7-layer dip for lunch and meatloaf for dinner. He decided he had had enough sweets this weekend and didn't need any cake, so I bought some ice cream so we could at least put a candle in for him to blow out.
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

Now that is my idea of a great birthday! One that lasts and lasts! Happy Birthday Clay!

Laura said...

wow! you are the best wife ever! don't tell loren all the fun things clay got to do...