Thursday, October 30, 2008

If elementary kids voted for President...

Tonight at dinner I happened to mention something about Emma not having school on Tuesday because of the Elections. She asked me what elections are. I told her that's when we go vote. Well, she still didn't understand. So I explained that this year we are going to vote for a new President of the United States. Emma then asked me who it was. I tried to explain that it hasn't been decided because we haven't voted yet. Well, typical of most 6-year-olds, she asked several more times who it was. Finally, I told her that John McCain and Barack Obama were running. Emma immediately shouted out "That's who I voted for!!!" What? She said they voted at school and she voted for "Barakugan."

It all makes sense now. Maybe that's why he's ahead in the polls.

1 comment:

Penny said...

That is very funny!