Friday, October 10, 2008

The einsy weensy spider...

Okay, there is nothing einsy weensy about this spider!! I guess it comes from living right next to the woods. I walked out our door this afternoon to meet Emma after school. I walked right through a web. Yuck! I turned around to see if I could find the culprit and this is what I found!

Not only is that the second largest spider I have ever seen (tarantulas not included), but she was guarding a sack of eggs. Well no longer! I promptly got out the bug spray.



..It gets better...



I decided to do a thorough job of spraying the entire porch. As I did, six or seven more spiders came crawling down the walls towards me!! I screamed and ran!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Heidi, don't you know it's Halloween?! Spiders are just part of the decorations. Gotta love this part of VA.