Friday, September 26, 2008

State Fair

We skipped out on school and work to go to the State Fair. It was a raining a little bit, but not enough to ruin the fun. We met up with the Rosenlunds at the fair. Melinda is an excellent cook. I know because we get invited over frequently. She entered some of the baking competitions and won (duh- they're really good).
3rd place -brownies
2nd place -decorated cake
2nd place -coconut cake
1st place -oatmeal cookies

Her daughter, Georgia (8) also entered their decorated sugar cookies. She won 1st place and BEST IN SHOW!

Emma and Georgia love to play together! They had tons of fun going on all the rides.

So do Evan and Rebekah!

I took a picture of the beautiful silk embroidery picture. This is done on silk fabric with silk thread. It was beautiful. The photo doesn't do it justice. I only wished I had $1200 to bring it home.

The best/worst thing about a fair is fair food. You can find some neat treats, and some really gross stuff. This was truly a reminder to me that we do indeed live in the South.

Do you see anything wrong with this picture??

How does fried Mac & Cheese sound? No? Well, then try the Pork Parfait! Pulled pork, mashed potatoes and BBQ sauce all in a handy cup! Mmmm-boy!

2 comments:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

Gag! I remember the first time I saw a "fried Twinkie" and thought that was the worst thing I've ever heard of (it was at, you guessed it, a Fair). Now even Arby's has deep fried mac n' cheese. Why oh WHY?

HollybyGolly said...

The LA County Fair offers the same things but also has fried frog legs and fried avocados. I tried the fried avocados....not recommended.