Sunday, December 1, 2013

Santa Claus is coming to town...

I love that we can be so close to Washington DC and all the benefits of a major metropolitan area.
Yet still live in a town that keeps that small town feeling.

A favorite tradition is the fire department decorating one of their trucks and riding through the neighborhoods with Santa and Rudolph waving on top. 

We are always the first neighborhood they come to. And it usually comes earlier than I remember to think about it. I am always grateful to my local facebook friends who post that Santa just past their house.

Rebekah and I ran out just in time to see him coming up the street. Then they turn left to go down a cul-de-sac. They pass by again to go down the street on the right. 
The other fun part is our neighbors always run out of their house the same time we do. We get to chat for a while before we decide it's too cold and run back inside.

No comments: