Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tooth #3

This morning Rebekah came into my room while I was getting ready. 
She told me the tooth fairy forgot to come.

WHAT???

I looked at her and noticed the huge gap in her teeth.
Yep, there's a tooth missing.
It wasn't missing when I said good-night to her.

Now, I am trying to figure out what exactly happened. Wondering if she told Daddy and he for got to tell me. The first time she lost a tooth she came down stairs after 10:00 pm to tell us she lost her tooth. We had put her to bed at 8:00. She had spend the entire evening wiggling her tooth --instead of sleeping. We also told her that she needed to go to sleep. So maybe that is what happened again. Maybe she didn't tell us because she didn't want to get in trouble for staying up late.

Doesn't she know that if you don't tell mom or dad the tooth fairy won't come?!

I asked her if she put out her little tooth fairy doll. And did she put her tooth in the doll's little tooth bag? No. She said she placed her tooth on top of her book on the bookshelf. 

I quickly distracted her while I reached into my magic stash. Then I told her we should look again. Since she did not put her tooth in the usual place, you just don't know where the Tooth Fairy might have put her surprise. 

With a slight of hand I reached under her pillow while she was looking somewhere else. Then I suggested she look under her pillow again, but this time pick up your pillow so you know you didn't miss anything. 

To her amazement there was her shiny surprise! How did that happen? she asked. Confused, I said I didn't know. She must have missed it before. Good thing we checked again. That was weird, she said. Then ran off to show her sister her new treasure.

No comments: