Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gardening and cakes

Here is what our garden is looking like. We've got a lot of things growing right now: strawberries, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, marigolds, zucchini, cilantro, mint, rosemary, oregano, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, potatoes, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. While I was out taking this picture of the garden I noticed we had a visitor:

There is no way he is going to get in. We've got chicken wire, fencing 6 ft high, and netting on top. But he was looking for a way...

We had an activity tonight for the women at church, I was asked to make 24 cupcakes, decorated in white. I decided I wanted to make a mini-tiered cake too (top layer is just 2 inches). Just for fun to see what I could do. I wanted to cover it in fondant, but my fondant wasn't working, so it's just butter cream with edible pearl decorations.

No comments: