Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rebekah's new room

We are finally painting Rebekah's room for her. She has requested a pink room. Well, it's only paint and not that hard to change if she doesn't like pink anymore in a few years. Here is a BEFORE and DURING picture. It took me about 6 hours to get that simple Pooh border off the wall.
We like to paint in the evening when the girls are asleep. Emma said Rebekah could sleep in her room for the night. We got out her sleeping bag and put it on the floor of Emma's room. This is what we found when we went to bed:
Here is the AFTER pictures. I may still rearrange the furniture, so we haven't hung any pictures on the wall yet, but you get the idea.
Target was having a sale on furniture so we finally bought Rebekah a dresser, and a bookcase to match. I had fun building them. No, really! There is something very satisfying about taking a box of parts and building something out of it. When you are done, you get to admire your work... and you don't have to do it again... like laundry, dishes, or dinner. That's one of the reasons I like IKEA, the fun of putting it together. Maybe I should hire out to those who don't like to. :)

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

I also love putting things together. Every time I had a baby I loved putting together the cradle, and I've assembled many a bookcase and loved it! Way more fun than laundry.