Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sew Magic

Here's a couple things I have been up to:

These are burp cloths I make for baby showers. They are really easy, but look nice. All you need are some thick cloth diapers and ribbon. Then you just sew the ribbon down both sides of the cloth diaper. Viola! You have a pretty burp cloth. :)

My friend Angela made Emma's mu'u mu'u while we were in Hawaii. I took the left over fabric and make a matching mu'u mu'u for Emma's doll and a skirt for Rebekah. Emma is SO HAPPY to have a matching dress for her and her American Girl doll.


It's amazing what you can accomplish while your husband is away! ;)

3 comments:

Angela said...

You did a great job Heidi.....my mom wanted me to make my neices american doll muumuus. Maybe I will have you do it since you have the sizing down. :) take care

Unknown said...

Awesome burp cloth idea. I will have to make some sometime. I love the doll dress and the skirt. I have been sewing up a storm too.

Heather Rose-Chase said...

Heidi you have come so far with your sewing! Great job! I'm teaching the boys to sew. Well, Ben anyway. Nathan has no patience for it (or maybe I have no patience for his impatience?). Anyway, these are great!