Saturday, April 18, 2009

Flower & Garden Festival

When we first moved out here, 7 years ago, the Williams took us to the annual Flower & Garden Festival. We have gone every year since then.


Being a southern California native, the winters out here are a little hard for me. I know, we don't have HARD winters out here, but it is hard for me to go so long being cold. The festival comes at just the right time. I walk up an down the street, feeling the sunshine warm my back, enjoying the bursts of color everywhere I look. It feels like coming out of hibernation. I feel like myself again. I love it!


Clay & Emma hanging out in a landscape demo.


Emma got a pretty flower painted by Girl Scout Stacy J.

Rebekah got a yellow fish painted by their leader Mrs. J.

1 comment:

Laura said...

i feel just the same way about spring/warm weather. it's like i can finally be myself again! maybe that's why i have so many fake flowers inside my house. i'm trying to pretend it's always warm!