Saturday, September 14, 2013

Brave

I have to say that ever since we got back from vacation I haven't been able to sleep well. I have had a lot of anxiety about Emma starting middle school. I have been so worried for her. I have heard so many scary stories about things that have happened at the different middle schools around here. It's just a different world from elementary school. I'm mostly worried about the different influences she will find there. 

This whole time I've been worried for her I have had a song going through my head. I first heard this song while reading my sister-in-law's blog at the end of June. It really summed up all my hopes for Emma. Stand up for what you believe in. Don't let others tell you that you can't or what to do.  
I want to see you be brave!! 
I cried the first time I watched this. I still get a little choked up when it comes on the radio. 
I shared it with both the girls and explained to them what it meant to me and what I hoped for them.

The good news is that everything has gone so terrifically for Emma. She has found a great group of friends and really likes middle school. She even got on in the Yearbook Club and is the team leader for her group  of 7th & 8th graders (she's the only 6th grader on her team). She's doing awesome. I still worry about her, because I'm her mother, I can't help that. But I am sleeping much better these days.

No comments: