Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo doesn't really exist out her on the East Coast. Growing up in Los Angeles (the city of Angels) it was a much bigger deal. We celebrated Cinco de Mayo in school, had fiestas, and ate really good food. The food has always been my favorite part. I also remember taking a field trip to Olvera_Street to learn more about California's mexican heritage.

I miss it. This year I decided to make my own party for the family. Rebekah and I both dressed in shirts from Mexico, and I made a steak tostadas with mango salsa, guacamole, and spanish rice. The best thing about mexican food is that my girls LOVE it and will eat lots and lots of it!

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

Yum! I love the taquitos you can get on Olvera Street. I went there for a field trip, too!