Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ghosts of Halloween past...

The Halloween that started it all. 1998. I had just come home from my mission and thought it would be really funny to dress up as a Punk GI Jane.

It is hard to see, but I have blue spiky hair, fake ear & nose piercings, fake tattoos on my arms, dog tag, and Madonna type blue dots around my eyes. So out of character for me that I made many adults from church very nervous.

In this group picture from the singles ward you can see Clay laying in front with his bathrobe, Winnie the pooh doll, night cap, and moose slippers.

Clay and I had just started dating and had several different events to go to for Halloween that year. We volunteered at a family ward primary activity, so we decided to tone down our costumes. I went as Alice in Wonderland.

Then on Halloween, we went to a party together. I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and Clay was a Soccer Goalie.

Later we scared our friends by walking around the street as neon stick people. That is really us (dressed in black with the neon tied onto us). Clay would be the taller purple one and I am the shorter green one.

2002-After we were married we took a break from dressing up. Then Emma came along. I found this cute pea pod costume for her. Clay colored his hair green and wore a green outfit. I colored my hair blue and wore a blue suit. Not our best creative year, but still fun.

2003-Wizard of Oz. I found a Toto costume at a yard sale. I already had the Dorothy costume but added hair extensions. So, I just made Clay's scarecrow costume.

2004 -Peter Pan. I had just chopped off my hair so we thought Peter Pan would work for me. I made my costume, but bought Clay's and Emma's.

2005-Hawaiian Tourists. Not the most creative, but we already had everything from our recent trip to Hawaii.

2006-Alice in Wonderland. My sister-in-law had sent this adorable Alice costume for Emma. I was 8 months pregnant at the time. We decided that making a Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum costume would be the only thing to fit my belly.

2007-Cinderella. Emma's grandma sent this great Cinderella costume to Emma, so we went with it. I bought Clay's Prince Charming costume. Then I made my Fairy Godmother costume and Rebekah's Gus Gus costume (he's the fat mouse from the movie, very appropriate for our very chunky baby).

2008-Wizard of Oz. Here we go again! This time Rebekah fit the Toto costume, so we just had to add Emma as Glinda the Good Witch of the North.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Great timeline....Im impressed that you could even find all the pictures for everyyear! Great fun